R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Is Off
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Number Six



Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 408
Location: In the village

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like another chunk of my weekend R2 listening just went out the window. There's only SOTS and the occasional POTP left now.

I liked Wossy on R2 Saturday morning and his spell on the naughty step showed that his stand-ins all came up short. He plays a good range of music and he's a good interviewer (when he wants to be, as Parky pointed out)

I'd like to see Maconie back but I fear we will get the bland Tarbuck.

Can I also just point out that nobody knows how much Ross was paid. It's rumoured 18m for three years but that's never been confirmed. After all, it was rumoured that there were WMD in Iraq!
_________________
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Evan Elpuss



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3353
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number Six wrote:

I liked Wossy on R2 Saturday morning and his spell on the naughty step showed that his stand-ins all came up short. He plays a good range of music and he's a good interviewer (when he wants to be, as Parky pointed out)

I'd like to see Maconie back but I fear we will get the bland Tarbuck.


Time was when Mark Lamarr was the regular stand-in for Wossy. Then, for reasons known only to the Radio 2 powers-that-be, they stopped using him. Of the stand-ins that I heard, he was the best. Why not give Lynn Parsons her own show? I'd still like to see the return of Sybil Ruscoe and Mark Goodier.
Yes, I'd like to see Stuart Maconie have his own show again, just co-presenting with Mark Radcliffe seems a bit of a waste, unless, of course Stuart likes things that way.

_________________
Lord Evan Elpuss, Your ideal job is a Lumberjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number Six wrote:
Looks like another chunk of my weekend R2 listening just went out the window. There's only SOTS and the occasional POTP left now.

I liked Wossy on R2 Saturday morning and his spell on the naughty step showed that his stand-ins all came up short. He plays a good range of music and he's a good interviewer (when he wants to be, as Parky pointed out)

I'd like to see Maconie back but I fear we will get the bland Tarbuck.

Can I also just point out that nobody knows how much Ross was paid. It's rumoured 18m for three years but that's never been confirmed. After all, it was rumoured that there were WMD in Iraq!

There was WMD in Iraq. It was the Saddam regime & the region is much better since he was ousted
Likewise, it is an open secret that Wossy was paid in excess of 6 Million quid PA. And Radio 2 will be muc h better with him gone! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aviddiva



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 1135
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Ross is off Reply with quote

As long as it's not David Tennant and Catherine Tate - the way she giggled through the programme made me long for Ken Stott (Steady Eddie from 'Takin' Over The Asylum') to take over!
_________________
We are loonies and we are proud!

- Campbell Bain in 'Takin' Over The Asylum'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ross is off Reply with quote

aviddiva wrote:
As long as it's not David Tennant and Catherine Tate - the way she giggled through the programme made me long for Ken Stott (Steady Eddie from 'Takin' Over The Asylum') to take over!

I agree. Their show made even Wossy & Psychofant sound almnost listenable to.

I would be happy with JW doing it, or Bill Oddie! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com