R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talksport Sign Keys and Gray

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Talksport Sign Keys and Gray Reply with quote

Disgraced former sky sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray to present a weekday show on Talksport.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Means nothing to me, Mark!
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having once heard the output of Talksport but never wishing to hear it again I think those two idiots will fit in very well there

It's one of the worst stations I have ever had the misfortune to have heard in my life Sad
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlepieces



Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 1098
Location: Lowestoft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talksport is a poor station with a right wing agenda(except for George Galloway) awful presenters and so im sure these two will fit in fine
_________________
I found out how you can hurt an insect.It's the bees knees
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3415
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly a surprise. Apart from anything else, their website features girls who strip when you answer sports questions! So, no sexism issues there then...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the station is slightly out of touch what happned, and has double standards. Russell Brand presents / presented on there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall some guy on there, I think his name was Mike, who was completely drunk when presenting a phone in show a while ago

I think he got sacked

The whole thing was very embarrasing but I don't know who was worse, him or the callers Confused
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlepieces wrote:
Talksport is a poor station with a right wing agenda(except for George Galloway) awful presenters and so im sure these two will fit in fine


George Galloway!? What sport does he play/comment on? He's that annoying little scottish bloke with a strong opinion on everything- every time I see him/hear him, I'm reminded of that Celebrity Big Brother episode when he was pretending to be a cat, and then I die laughing. Oooooooooooh Rula, meeow.

I've never heard of talksport though- what do they talk about on there?
Back to top
MadeinSurrey



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3130
Location: The Beautiful South

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much the ghastly pair are being paid - whatever it is, it's too much. Still, Talksport never crosses my radar, and it's not coming out of my pocket, so hope they'll all be very happy together.
_________________
MiS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is understood that they have been hired on six-figure salaries"

Is Talksport not the Naughty Step for disgraced people? Rodney Marsh, George Galloway, James Whale.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name 'Talk Sport' is rather misleading because from what I know for a large part of the time the airwaves are occupied by callers of very low intelligence talking to so called programme hosts about every subject under the sun but hardly ever about sport

It's really a phone in station for idiots who aren't intelligent enough to hold their own in phone ins on mainstream channels

The 'Sport' often seems to me to be very peripheral
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
undiscovered



Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 650
Location: Peterborough

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the station is slightly out of touch what happned, and has double standards. Russell Brand presents / presented on there.


Yes whatever happened to him, oh yes he went to Hollywood and is now an up and coming actor in film.

That showed him.
_________________
You will hear gospel and rhythm and blues and jazz, all those are just labels, we know that music is music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

undiscovered wrote:
Quote:
I think the station is slightly out of touch what happned, and has double standards. Russell Brand presents / presented on there.


Yes whatever happened to him, oh yes he went to Hollywood and is now an up and coming actor in film.

That showed him.


Indeed. He was interviewed recently and was asked about the Radio 2 incident (yet again) and he just replied "Oh, yes, I've been banned from BBC Radio 2!" and then rolled his eyes as if to say "Big deal". I did laugh at that......
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
undiscovered wrote:
Quote:
I think the station is slightly out of touch what happned, and has double standards. Russell Brand presents / presented on there.


Yes whatever happened to him, oh yes he went to Hollywood and is now an up and coming actor in film.

That showed him.


Indeed. He was interviewed recently and was asked about the Radio 2 incident (yet again) and he just replied "Oh, yes, I've been banned from BBC Radio 2!" and then rolled his eyes as if to say "Big deal". I did laugh at that......


I always thought he jumped ship, before he was pushed. People like Brand wouldn't admit defeat. They blame others for their mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I always thought he jumped ship, before he was pushed. People like Brand wouldn't admit defeat. They blame others for their mistakes.


Well, it depends what "jumped ship" actually means. There can be no doubt that he was left with no option by the management of R2.

His being "banned" comment obviously refers to the fact that he won't be invited back in a hurry. Still, it's no odds to him whatever.

I like Russell Brand. He's a clever bloke who really doesn't need naff old Radio 2!
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Colin, can't say I agree

He might be intelligent but he's irritating and objectionable with an equally irritating exhibitionist wife

Still at least she keeps him in America out of our way
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
Sorry Colin, can't say I agree

He might be intelligent but he's irritating and objectionable with an equally irritating exhibitionist wife

Still at least she keeps him in America out of our way


Well, we'll have to differ. I think he's a very entertaining bloke who knows how to wind people up with tongue firmly in cheek - and does so impeccably!

Fabulous stand-up artist, too.
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3415
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brand's a rubbish stand-up and very over-rated but he did a great speech at the Comedy Awards, where he apologised for damaging the BBC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say one thing Brand and Ross did at the BBC is wake some of them up with there actions. Could say the same for Richard Keys and Andy Gray. All TV and Radio networks are keeping a watchful eye on those presenters who step out of line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schizoidman



Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1133
Location: Rural West Sussex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Brand being banned by Radio 2 reminds me of an angry Basil Fawlty shouting to Polly: 'I'll make sure you never waitress in Torquay again."

Or the Tolpuddle Martyrs being deported to....Australia!


As for Tawkspawt, it really is the most downmarket broadcasting I've ever heard, full of semi educated, aggressive cockney halfwits going on about Spurs and Arsenal. 'You're 'avin a larf, mate'. Perish the thought they should tawk abaht anything else.
Ideal for Sun readers and people who watch ITV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
I think Brand's a rubbish stand-up and very over-rated but he did a great speech at the Comedy Awards, where he apologised for damaging the BBC.


A saw him in stand-up and I got a headache from laughing so much. I never really had time for him until my son twisted my arm and paid for the tickets. I'm glad he did. Brand's a very, clever bloke in my opinion - and far too clever for most of the complete dorks who run British broadcasting!

mark occomore wrote:
I would say one thing Brand and Ross did at the BBC is wake some of them up with there actions. Could say the same for Richard Keys and Andy Gray. All TV and Radio networks are keeping a watchful eye on those presenters who step out of line.


It has nothing to do with "stepping out of line" and everything to do with broadcasting executives who are scared witless that their own domains are going to be dismantled at the behest of this useless coalition government who are hell-bent on giving everything to the Murdoch Mafia (even though they pretend otherwise).

We need people like Russell Brand to start lambasting them all publically before it's too late.
Back to top
Matthew Campbell
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to Keys and Gray. What happened was totally blown out of proportion - rather like the Brand and Ross debacle of October 2008.
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, Ricky Desmond will no doubt offer them a primetime show on his re-branded "Channel 5" soon! The channel is in desperate need of good talent, after all.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever heard such a stupid comment on here for many months

Good riddance to both of them as far as I'm concerned

As for Brand and Ross they are a total disgrace
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matthew Campbell
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as something controversial happens, people jump on the bandwagon and make a complete drama out of it.

They Keys and Gray row was blown out of proportion. They're entitled to their opinions. The trouble is today we're a nation of weaklings. I admire those who aren't afraid to speak their mind.

Ross and Brand are far from a disgrace. Their careers have continued to go from strength-to-strength. Brand, in particular, is doing very well for himself in the States.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm happy because at least it keeps him away from here
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Campbell wrote:
As soon as something controversial happens, people jump on the bandwagon and make a complete drama out of it.

They Keys and Gray row was blown out of proportion. They're entitled to their opinions. The trouble is today we're a nation of weaklings. I admire those who aren't afraid to speak their mind.


There's a football lineswoman (and, by all accounts, a very good one too) who has good reason to disagree with that.

Never mind, I'm sure Ricky Desmond (that well-known arbiter of good taste and high journalistic standards) is opening his wallet as we type!
Back to top
Matthew Campbell
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the lineswoman who cannot accept an opinion. I guess it would be a completely different kettle of fish if two female commentators slagged off a male sportsperson.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew, I think you are a bit of a dinasaur when it comes to equality of the sexes

The fact is this lady got the offside rule right which is more than you can say for those two former overpaid idiots on Sky Sports
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Campbell wrote:
Yeah, the lineswoman who cannot accept an opinion. I guess it would be a completely different kettle of fish if two female commentators slagged off a male sportsperson.


Absolute rubbish!
Back to top
Matthew Campbell
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Matthew Campbell wrote:
Yeah, the lineswoman who cannot accept an opinion. I guess it would be a completely different kettle of fish if two female commentators slagged off a male sportsperson.


Absolute rubbish!


And that's something you'd know all about.
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Campbell wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Matthew Campbell wrote:
Yeah, the lineswoman who cannot accept an opinion. I guess it would be a completely different kettle of fish if two female commentators slagged off a male sportsperson.


Absolute rubbish!


And that's something you'd know all about.


That last comment tells me a great deal! It's the kind of retort I was expecting and is reminiscent of a posting style we used to see here a lot at one time.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Matthew Campbell
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the best you can come up with? Once again, the great ColinB shouts down anyone who dares to disagrees with him, and has an answer for everything Rolling Eyes
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Campbell wrote:
Is that the best you can come up with? Once again, the great ColinB shouts down anyone who dares to disagrees with him, and has an answer for everything Rolling Eyes


I'm merely pointing out a contradiction in your debating position, that's all.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com