R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simon Bates Joins BBC Radio Devon

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Simon Bates Joins BBC Radio Devon Reply with quote

Simon Bates is joining BBC Radio Devon to host the Breakfast show. The local former Radio 1 broadcaster who left Smooth Radio earlier this year will take over in January 2015.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/12/simon-bates-joins-bbc-radio-devon-for-breakfast/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colin



Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Devonian, can I register the fact that we don't want this old has-been!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Colin - we'll happily have him on Radio Lancashire Merseyside or Manchester Smile

And really - is he that much older than you Laughing
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colin



Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as radio is concerned, his style is smarmy, dated and naff and - yes - he's an old has-been. The fact that he's now doing the breakfast on BBC Radio Devon says it all. Devon has lots of talented people who are more than capable of filling the breakfast seat so why recruit somebody who has little connection with the county?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin wrote:
As far as radio is concerned, his style is smarmy, dated and naff and - yes - he's an old has-been. The fact that he's now doing the breakfast on BBC Radio Devon says it all. Devon has lots of talented people who are more than capable of filling the breakfast seat so why recruit somebody who has little connection with the county?


He lives locally and his connected to Devonshire. It'll take some listeners away from those who don't like listening too Evans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colin



Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
He lives locally and his connected to Devonshire. It'll take some listeners away from those who don't like listening too Evans.


He only lives locally because he moved to Devon recently, and he won't take listeners from Evans if (like me) they never listen to Evans anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5732

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
He lives locally and his connected to Devonshire. It'll take some listeners away from those who don't like listening too Evans.


He only lives locally because he moved to Devon recently, and he won't take listeners from Evans if (like me) they never listen to Evans anyway.

Yes, that would do it. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3415
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Bates was the host of this week's Top of the Pops from 1979, and it really is worth a watch. From the awful but compelling and eclectic string of songs (Dollar, The Damned, Motorhead, Sugarhill Gang, Darts) to the inappropriately excited man in the audience Bates is Alan Partridge in a beige jumper as far more fashionable things pass him by.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com