R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Little Drummer Girl

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FleetingEileenM



Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 4968
Location: Hampshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: The Little Drummer Girl Reply with quote

I have given up as I now haven't a clue what is going on. Anyone following it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18069
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had meant to set it to record but forgot. For some reason I haven't bothered to get it on catch up.

We gave up on Strangers as well after 3 episodes.

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3415
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Florence Pugh is an amazing presence, but that's about the best thing going for it. Otherwise, it's quite confusing and very slow. The ratings have halved since episode 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5730

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm going to bother with it anymore. I don't care much for any of the characters...find Charlie a bit annoying. I wasn't keen on The Night Manager which got rave reviews so perhaps John le Carre's work is just not for me.

I stayed with Strangers because I've known John Simm (lovely person) for years..long before he was famous,he's a best friend of my son. I always follow his work and in this instance I'm glad I stayed with it as it turned out to be an enjoyable drama.

One BBC drama I am really enjoying at the moment is The Informer...can't wait for the last part next week!


And Trust ..the story of John Paul Getty 111's kidnap is telling me things I didn't know at the time. Donald Sutherland is superb as the quite loathsome J Paul Getty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3415
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
And Trust ..the story of John Paul Getty 111's kidnap is telling me things I didn't know at the time. Donald Sutherland is superb as the quite loathsome J Paul Getty.

Yeah, I watched all that over 3 days - it's great. Really well done, really clever. And one of the writers used to be the female singer in Chumbawumba!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5730

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
becky sharp wrote:
And Trust ..the story of John Paul Getty 111's kidnap is telling me things I didn't know at the time. Donald Sutherland is superb as the quite loathsome J Paul Getty.

Yeah, I watched all that over 3 days - it's great. Really well done, really clever. And one of the writers used to be the female singer in Chumbawumba!

You live and learn. Smile
I watched the film All The Money In The World (same subject) last week. There were differences between the TV production and the cinema production, which was quite odd,seeing as it was a true story Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FleetingEileenM



Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 4968
Location: Hampshire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
I don't think I'm going to bother with it anymore. I don't care much for any of the characters...find Charlie a bit annoying. I wasn't keen on The Night Manager which got rave reviews so perhaps John le Carre's work is just not for me.

I enjoyed The Night Manager mainly because I could follow the story and enjoyed the performances of Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com