R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Louise Pepper

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Louise Pepper Reply with quote

Louise Pepper is presenting the travel news on Radio 2. She has worked with Chris Evans before on Virgin Radio and at Ginger Productions and think a runner on TFI Friday? Also credits for working on Capital Radio and BBC London.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She seems to me to fit in quite well on Radio 2 - as indeed do all of the other travel reporters imported from other stations during the holiday season

Lynn Bowles seems to get longer holidays than the average BBC employee - does anyone know what she's up to - is she moonlighting on BBC Wales Shocked
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3417
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
Lynn Bowles seems to get longer holidays than the average BBC employee - does anyone know what she's up to - is she moonlighting on BBC Wales Shocked

As far as I can tell, she's not on BBC Wales. Just seems to have taken all her 12 weeks holiday in one go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Louise Pepper Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Louise Pepper is presenting the travel news on Radio 2.


So what?

Honestly Mark, I worry about you sometimes.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
ruddlescat wrote:
Lynn Bowles seems to get longer holidays than the average BBC employee - does anyone know what she's up to - is she moonlighting on BBC Wales Shocked

As far as I can tell, she's not on BBC Wales. Just seems to have taken all her 12 weeks holiday in one go.


But surely Ian she can't be entitled to twelve weeks holiday per year - hells teeth - that almost one quarter of a whole year - and on top of that she took holidays over last Christmas

Sally never takes anything like that kind of time off - what on earth is going on here Shocked
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3417
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
Ian Robinson wrote:
ruddlescat wrote:
Lynn Bowles seems to get longer holidays than the average BBC employee - does anyone know what she's up to - is she moonlighting on BBC Wales Shocked

As far as I can tell, she's not on BBC Wales. Just seems to have taken all her 12 weeks holiday in one go.


But surely Ian she can't be entitled to twelve weeks holiday per year - hells teeth - that almost one quarter of a whole year - and on top of that she took holidays over last Christmas

Sally never takes anything like that kind of time off - what on earth is going on here Shocked

I'm pretty sure they all get 12 weeks off (even Sally) instead of getting massive pay rises nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
Ian Robinson wrote:
ruddlescat wrote:
Lynn Bowles seems to get longer holidays than the average BBC employee - does anyone know what she's up to - is she moonlighting on BBC Wales Shocked

As far as I can tell, she's not on BBC Wales. Just seems to have taken all her 12 weeks holiday in one go.


But surely Ian she can't be entitled to twelve weeks holiday per year - hells teeth - that almost one quarter of a whole year - and on top of that she took holidays over last Christmas

Sally never takes anything like that kind of time off - what on earth is going on here Shocked


She may not have had her full scheduled holiday over the years? Some may not be paid holiday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
She seems to me to fit in quite well


I think the doors at R2, are a standard size, Rudds. Smile


Lynn is just fine dandy, she'll be back before you know it. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
ruddlescat wrote:
She seems to me to fit in quite well


I think the doors at R2, are a standard size, Rudds. Smile


Lynn is just fine dandy, she'll be back before you know it. Smile


Revolving doors at Radio 2. Now you hear them, now you don't. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Revolving doors at Radio 2. Now you hear them, now you don't. Very Happy


They're always silent in and around radio and television studios. Except for the door into Studio 1 at QVC which squeaks badly and they really should do something about it.
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3417
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a mention on Ken's show about Louise. I called her "mental" Very Happy Obviously, this isn't quite the same as visiting the studio and hearing the sound of the doors but I'll be sure to mention it as much as possible anyway...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
I got a mention on Ken's show about Louise. I called her "mental" Very Happy Obviously, this isn't quite the same as visiting the studio and hearing the sound of the doors but I'll be sure to mention it as much as possible anyway...


The doors have to be of the revolving type, of course. That's important!
Back to top
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
I got a mention on Ken's show about Louise. I called her "mental" Very Happy Obviously, this isn't quite the same as visiting the studio and hearing the sound of the doors but I'll be sure to mention it as much as possible anyway...


A mention is much better than being there Ian: your communication was hand-selected by a broadcasting profestional from a pile of zillions and then passed to the great man to read out- it doesn't get any better than that: anyone can stand in the background listening to doors opening and closing....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18131
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
I got a mention on Ken's show about Louise. I called her "mental" Very Happy Obviously, this isn't quite the same as visiting the studio and hearing the sound of the doors but I'll be sure to mention it as much as possible anyway...


Heard it Ian!

H

PS They aren't revolving doors..................
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
anyone can stand in the background listening to doors opening and closing....


It would be a waste of time since they don't make a sound anyhow! Smile
Back to top
Schizoidman



Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1135
Location: Rural West Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark: why do you bother with this useless piece of information?


Anyone would think you're a member of Louise Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schizoidman wrote:
Mark: why do you bother with this useless piece of information?


At last - I thought it was just me who puzzled over the posting of this mind-numbing piece of "news"!

I haven't got a clue who this Louise Pepper person is and I can't say I really care. She will be reading the travel news? Whooopie! Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3417
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm clearly in the minority but this thread has been fairly useful. Good to get a heads-up about a new voice on the station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
Well, I'm clearly in the minority but this thread has been fairly useful. Good to get a heads-up about a new voice on the station.


Only bought this thread up as I've heard her on a number of Radio Stations. Obviously some have heard of her. Thanks Ian. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Only bought this thread up.....


Was it expensive? Smile
Back to top
Mark Mayhew



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2874

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a few others I find this sort of thread interesting/useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gazmando



Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 560
Location: Huntingdon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Louise has been excellent this week, I've really warmed to her.
I've never been a fan of Lynne Bowles so I'd love it if she took over.
Mind you I think Bobbi Pryor and Nick Duncalf are great too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com