R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

London Mayor / Local Election Results

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> News and Current Affairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: London Mayor / Local Election Results Reply with quote

Wow that was too close to call. Depends if you live in London and who you were voting for. Boris continues at Mayor with Ken coming second then announcing he's leaving politics altogether now. Jenny Jones from the greens came third - with Brian Paddick from the Liberals way behind in forth. Obviously people are saying Boris for PM lets wait and see. It wasn't a good turn out for the Tories in the Local Elections, but at least Boris was David Cameron's Bullet proof shield.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Boris might see himself as a future assassin rather than a bullet proof shield Smile
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schizoidman



Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1135
Location: Rural West Sussex

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, a very low turn out from apathetic London voters and a very slim margin of victory for Boris. Thank goodness the idiot Livingstone didn't win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18215
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's the end of politics for him, thank goodness.

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toggy



Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 1239

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be missed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that Londoners are stuck with that berk Boris (you know - the one whose brain is half a mile behind his gob at the best of times). Still, Londoners get what they deserve!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron has a big week with the Queens speech and his friends attending Leveson. He's also going to and relaunch the coalition with Clegg. I don't know whether they are using No 10 as the back drop. I hope there isn't too many holes - as they have buried themselves enough over the last few months. I do think he needs reshuffle his cabinet around - and get rid of some his minister. Hopefully his bullet proof shield as present Jeremy Hunt will be the first? That will all depend when he attends Leveson what if any mistakes he did of the sale with BSkyB. Leveson won't rush..

I'm sick to the back teeth of this Government and never voted Tory anyway..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Hopefully his bullet proof shield as present Jeremy Hunt will be the first?


Hunt is currently a shield - but only a temporary one, and then only until Leveson reports. He certainly isn't "bullet-proof". In fact, Hunt is for the time being a mere scapegoat, but some time soon Cameron will have to carry the can.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
Hopefully his bullet proof shield as present Jeremy Hunt will be the first?


Hunt is currently a shield - but only a temporary one, and then only until Leveson reports. He certainly isn't "bullet-proof". In fact, Hunt is for the time being a mere scapegoat, but some time soon Cameron will have to carry the can.


Exactly right - Hunt is being kept on board temporarily because it suits Cameron to do so - if (or more likely when) he goes the heat transfers to the PM and that's when his problems really start

It seems a little strange to me though because Blair was far closer to the Murdoch mafia than most other recent Prime Ministers but Cameron was stupid enough not to distance himself from a problem which was just waiting to happen Smile
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron and Clegg are using Essex to relaunch the coalition. Is that the only way to go....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FleetingEileenM



Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 5130
Location: Hampshire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:

It seems a little strange to me though because Blair was far closer to the Murdoch mafia than most other recent Prime Ministers


Teflon-Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleetingEileenM wrote:
ruddlescat wrote:

It seems a little strange to me though because Blair was far closer to the Murdoch mafia than most other recent Prime Ministers


Teflon-Man.


The description I would apply to him Eileen is probably not publishable on this or any other forum Laughing
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> News and Current Affairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com