R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richard Allinson On Early Breakfast Duty W/C 13th August
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mark Mayhew



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2874

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Richard Allinson On Early Breakfast Duty W/C 13th August Reply with quote

Looks like Richard is on early breakfast duty this coming week.

Good to see Richard has not been forgotten for cover duty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early for me most days. Pity he's not doing 6.30 - 9.30!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the current link Richard looks like Aled Jones who was supposed to be covering.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lss6v
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa sits in for Jeremy Vine whilst Nikki Bedi sits in for Vanessa on her BBC London show. I surprised they are allow to come off Early Breakfast and not host BBC London, but able to cover for Jeremy Vine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mark Mayhew



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2874

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth happened at 5.04am this morning.

Where was Richard?-why the long delay before he started broadcasting.

Very embarassing imo.

Lets hope Tuesday is an improvement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6856
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Mayhew wrote:
What on earth happened at 5.04am this morning.

Where was Richard?-why the long delay before he started broadcasting.

Very embarassing imo.

Lets hope Tuesday is an improvement.


I missed that Mark, I tuned in when I got up at 5.30 and didn't hear anything mentioned. It was lovely to be able to listen to Radio 2 today while I was getting ready for work, instead of Radio 4. Very Happy
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We heard a bit of Dickie Dawn this morning, he's ok I suppose: at first I thought, oh , good to know he's still alive, but then after a few tunes I was thinking, is it half past six yet? Then after a look at the clock, the crushing realisation that there was twenty more minutes left to endure. Still, we fought our through it - teeth gritted, and we're still here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
We heard a bit of Dickie Dawn this morning, he's ok I suppose: at first I thought, oh , good to know he's still alive, but then after a few tunes I was thinking, is it half past six yet? Then after a look at the clock, the crushing realisation that there was twenty more minutes left to endure. Still, we fought our through it - teeth gritted, and we're still here.


What are you saying - ' he's just doing this to make sure the listeners know he's still alive '
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
We heard a bit of Dickie Dawn this morning, he's ok I suppose: at first I thought, oh , good to know he's still alive, but then after a few tunes I was thinking, is it half past six yet? Then after a look at the clock, the crushing realisation that there was twenty more minutes left to endure. Still, we fought our through it - teeth gritted, and we're still here.


What are you saying - ' he's just doing this to make sure the listeners know he's still alive '


I'm saying, Mark, that Richard is like a pair of your, "must have Killer Heels" that you'd forgotten about, you find them and think , oh cool beans: pop them on for a party but before you get out of the taxi on the way there, you wish you'd left them in bottom of the wardrobe. Is that any clearer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I can't imagine our Mark in "Killer heels" Shocked
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I can.
Worse, I can imagine Dickie Dawn in them Shocked
Not a pretty sight.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockitRon wrote:
Oh I can.
Worse, I can imagine Dickie Dawn in them Shocked
Not a pretty sight.


Ron!!! You're back!! Cool beans!!! Where've you been?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
RockitRon wrote:
Oh I can.
Worse, I can imagine Dickie Dawn in them Shocked
Not a pretty sight.


Ron!!! You're back!! Cool beans!!! Where've you been?


Broadband problem. The great bearded wonder is not my best friend at the moment.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a refreshing change to hear Dickie Dawn this morning. It's the first time I've listened to R2 before 9.30am on a weekday for ages.
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised the BBC are allowing Vanessa to come off Radio 2 Early Breakfast, and BBC London Mid Morning show, and allowing her to present Jeremy Vines show this week?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I'm surprised the BBC are allowing Vanessa to come off Radio 2 Early Breakfast, and BBC London Mid Morning show, and allowing her to present Jeremy Vines show this week?


Vanessa is brilliant- she can do whatever she likes. She's the best thing that's happened to 2 in recent history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaky Fan



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 628

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I'm surprised the BBC are allowing Vanessa to come off Radio 2 Early Breakfast, and BBC London Mid Morning show, and allowing her to present Jeremy Vines show this week?


Mark is this your opinion or are you asking someone else? If it is the former the question mark is totally unnecessary!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is brilliant- she can do whatever she likes. She's the best thing that's happened to 2 in recent history.


Cough, splutter!!!!

She's a dopey cow with a voice that's almost as annoying as Evans' !
Back to top
Mark Mayhew



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2874

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....... and here's me thinking this was a thread about Richard Allinson-clue is in the title.

Oh dear. Why bother?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18090
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I'm surprised the BBC are allowing Vanessa to come off Radio 2 Early Breakfast, and BBC London Mid Morning show, and allowing her to present Jeremy Vines show this week?


Why are you surprised Mark? I'm sure you reported many months ago that she was to be the regular standin for Jeremy. Are you suggesting she does both on the same day? Rolling Eyes

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen May wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
I'm surprised the BBC are allowing Vanessa to come off Radio 2 Early Breakfast, and BBC London Mid Morning show, and allowing her to present Jeremy Vines show this week?


Why are you surprised Mark? I'm sure you reported many months ago that she was to be the regular standin for Jeremy. Are you suggesting she does both on the same day? Rolling Eyes

H


She does host ( R2 ) Early Breakfast and BBC London normally on the same day.

Pleased to have a change with Richard at the helm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6856
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:


Pleased to have a change with Richard at the helm.


Yes and so am I! Very Happy
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela W wrote:
mark occomore wrote:


Pleased to have a change with Richard at the helm.


Yes and so am I! Very Happy


Me too.
Back to top
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm indifferent Razz
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is brilliant- she can do whatever she likes. She's the best thing that's happened to 2 in recent history.


Cough, splutter!!!!

She's a dopey cow with a voice that's almost as annoying as Evans' !


Laughing
No, she's not a dopey cow, but she does have the sort of manner and voice which, in projection on radio or tv, doesn't endear herself to everybody, me included. But I can see that those who do like her would probably find Richard Allinson dreadfully dull.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockitRon wrote:
No, she's not a dopey cow, but she does have the sort of manner and voice which, in projection on radio or tv, doesn't endear herself to everybody, me included. But I can see that those who do like her would probably find Richard Allinson dreadfully dull.


When you consider some of the topics upon which she has invited responses from listeners recently (I am reliably informed!) she does come across as a dopey cow to me!

At least Richard Allinson knows and loves his music which, for me, is respite enough at that unearthly time of the day.
Back to top
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is brilliant- she can do whatever she likes. She's the best thing that's happened to 2 in recent history.


Cough, splutter!!!!

She's a dopey cow with a voice that's almost as annoying as Evans' !


Vanessa is anything but dopey. Donít be fooled by her adorable on air occasional ditzy blonde persona, Colin. Vanessa is a highly intelligent, smart, right-minded business-woman with impeccable standards, she is the hardest working broadcaster out there at the moment: a more thoroughly decent and polite human being you will never have the privilege to encounter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is a highly intelligent, smart, right-minded business-woman with impeccable standards, she is the hardest working broadcaster out there at the moment: a more thoroughly decent and polite human being you will never have the privilege to encounter.


And how do you come to that conclusion, if I may ask, Rachel?
Back to top
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is a highly intelligent, smart, right-minded business-woman with impeccable standards, she is the hardest working broadcaster out there at the moment: a more thoroughly decent and polite human being you will never have the privilege to encounter.


And how do you come to that conclusion, if I may ask, Rachel?


Suffice to say, Iím very perceptive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
Suffice to say, Iím very perceptive.


You must be!
Back to top
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6856
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is a highly intelligent, smart, right-minded business-woman with impeccable standards, she is the hardest working broadcaster out there at the moment: a more thoroughly decent and polite human being you will never have the privilege to encounter.


And how do you come to that conclusion, if I may ask, Rachel?


I think Rachel likes to get you going................. Laughing Laughing
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela W wrote:
ColinB wrote:
R2Icon wrote:
Vanessa is a highly intelligent, smart, right-minded business-woman with impeccable standards, she is the hardest working broadcaster out there at the moment: a more thoroughly decent and polite human being you will never have the privilege to encounter.


And how do you come to that conclusion, if I may ask, Rachel?


I think Rachel likes to get you going................. Laughing Laughing


I know, Angela. Thankfully, I've learned to concede to her early on. Anything for a quiet life! Smile
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Business women? I suppose if you look at - the BBC is mostly run like a business these days. Vanessa is a Journalist and broadcaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed a thread which refers to the name of Richard Allinson is active when he comes out of the dark wilderness of weekend over nights, and receives such a response. It's a shame the changes at Radio 2 never gave RA more daytime presence, but maybe he likes the way it is?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Business women? I suppose if you look at - the BBC is mostly run like a business these days. Vanessa is a Journalist and broadcaster.


She works on freelance contract and supplies a number of organisations with her services so she's a business person. By the way, the BBC isn't a business but it does engage the services of external contractors (even me). It always has done.

mark occomore wrote:
It's a shame the changes at Radio 2 never gave RA more daytime presence, but maybe he likes the way it is?


If he has a mortgage to pay and a family to support he'd always welcome a longer-term contract, you can be sure!
Back to top
Lord Evan Elpuss



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3354
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
It's a shame the changes at Radio 2 never gave RA more daytime presence

Indeed it is. Richard Allinson used to have much more presence on Radio 2! Remember the days of his late show (Mon-Thurs nights) and his much-missed (by me) Saturday afternoon shows. All this and regular holiday cover work on shows like Dawn Patrol and Johnnie Walker's Drivetime, to name two. Then along came the mad axe woman and things rapidly went downhill.
_________________
Lord Evan Elpuss, Your ideal job is a Lumberjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly miss his Saturday afternoon show too. It was just the right slot for him with an album-oriented show. I can't listen to the mumbling Dermot O'Leary - although he features some good unknown/unsigned acts his wittering and fumbling around for an appropriate question to ask his guests just annoys me so I rarely listens these days. Radio Caroline is much better than R2 on Saturdays.
Back to top
R2Icon



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1444

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
I certainly miss his Saturday afternoon show too. It was just the right slot for him with an album-oriented show. I can't listen to the mumbling Dermot O'Leary - although he features some good unknown/unsigned acts his wittering and fumbling around for an appropriate question to ask his guests just annoys me so I rarely listens these days. Radio Caroline is much better than R2 on Saturdays.


I much prefered it after he'd been sacked and went to Radio Oxford or wherever it was. Why they let him back on 2, I'll never know. They obviously couldn't find anyone willing to do weekend nights and I suppose for him, a middle of the night, when no one listens show, on national radio, strokes the ego more than a daytime show on regional radio does, so that's why he does it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2Icon wrote:
I much prefered it after he'd been sacked and went to Radio Oxford or wherever it was. Why they let him back on 2, I'll never know. They obviously couldn't find anyone willing to do weekend nights and I suppose for him, a middle of the night, when no one listens show, on national radio, strokes the ego more than a daytime show on regional radio does, so that's why he does it.


It's fair to say that our expectations differ, Rachel, and partly explains why much of R2's output (not to mention a significant proportion of its presenters) is now so unattractive to me. I expect a presenter to talk to me rather than at me - but unfortunately the fashion seems to be for the latter.

I think your last comment is a bit unfair, I have to say, especially with your reference to stroking egos; I can think of one gobby presenter whose ego has to be massaged 24/7 in order for him to function!
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com