R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chris Evans Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John W wrote:
I don't think so. R2 has just been a stepping stone in his revival, a job where he has been 'accepted', where he has 'behaved himself', so he's now worthy of something bigger.

The offers will rush in, hopefully. Smile


If we all knuckle down and offer up collective prayer to the gods of broadcasting it might just happen. We can indeed live in hope!
Back to top
Eric Shone



Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
John W wrote:
I don't think so. R2 has just been a stepping stone in his revival, a job where he has been 'accepted', where he has 'behaved himself', so he's now worthy of something bigger.

The offers will rush in, hopefully. Smile


If we all knuckle down and offer up collective prayer to the gods of broadcasting it might just happen. We can indeed live in hope!


I thought Evans was the god of broadcasting! [/troll]

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree absolutely Soulsister with all your comments.

Mark - Evans is doing now exactly what he was doing on Radio 1 back in 1991, nothings changed, contrived crap then, contrived crap now, his first show was on a Sunday and imaginatively titled 'Too Much Gravy"

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him for his real life tribulations? Well I don't and I ain't interested, we all have our own problems, but don't air them in public.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3424
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of you don't like him (yeah, I get your subtle hints) but I don't see anything that suggests Radio 2 isn't his top priority. Even with his awful Sunday show on ITV he didn't seem as desperate for telly as Chris Moyles - but if he's offered something you can't blame him for taking it.

Radio-wise, I do think he started on 2 with an eye on TV like Ross, Carr, Reeves before him... but I think he's come round. He "gets" the radio 2 listeners, and realises radio is his forte. So, sorry to say, I do think he'll be here long-term.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and realises radio is his forte


Shame he's no good at it! Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalmatina



Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 62

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Radio-wise, I do think he started on 2 with an eye on TV like Ross, Carr, Reeves before him... but I think he's come round. He "gets" the radio 2 listeners, and realises radio is his forte.


He doesn't 'get' me at all, and I used to be a dedicated Radio 2 listener. He doesn't 'get' me as an enthusiast, and he certainly doesn't 'get' me as a listener, because I hit either 'off' or the retune button as soon as I hear his whine.

And I agree with Colin - infantile features interspersed throughout a juvenile show are fine when they're on CBeebies, but are cringeworthy when someone of forty-four and a half indulges in behaviour most of us abandoned at the same time we grew out of nappies.

Quote:
So, sorry to say, I do think he'll be here long-term.


So do I, and I'm sorry, too.

And Soulsister - in vino veritas. I'd say you told it like it is! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soulsister



Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Location: Good Old Sussex by the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't 'get' me either. In fact he lost me the minute he took over drivetime. In fact, it was probably earlier than that - when Richard Allinson got booted off Saturday afternoons.

I can remember like it was yesterday when Chris Evans did his first ever Radio 2 broadcast - a Bank Holiday it was, I remember being out in the back garden and thinking 'this is alright as a one off, but I couldn't listen to it every day'. Little did I know Sad

I used to have the radio permanently tuned to Radio 2. Now it's a few bits and bobs. So that's two of us, and it's a story I've heard and read time and time again.

Not sure what Radio 2 listeners he's getting exactly - Steve's Wright's audience maybe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulsister wrote:
Not sure what Radio 2 listeners he's getting exactly - Steve's Wright's audience maybe?


Shocked definitely not!! Laughing
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Gnasty Gnome



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
Location: West Wales

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Some of you sound off like a certain person used to on the old Radio 2 message boards. It was vile and uncalled for then.



Add me to that list. I can't wait to see the back of Evans either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rob



Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 163
Location: Leicester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
He won't leave Radio 2.


He will leave Radio 2, Mark. That's now an absolute certainty.


It's a certainty that everyone currently at Radio 2 will leave, either through retirement or through departing this mortal coil. The only people who won't leave are those who are there when Radio 2 ends, because the station will have left them.

The question is... when? Darn it, Evans is younger than me and I would hate him to outlast my ability to listen.

Colin, your assertion that Evans will leave runs contrary to the evidence, particularly the RAJAR numbers and the increase in his programme's length. Are your statements based on your own hopes and opinions or do you have a "feed" from an insider?

Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
He won't leave Radio 2.


He will leave Radio 2, Mark. That's now an absolute certainty.


It's a certainty that everyone currently at Radio 2 will leave, either through retirement or through departing this mortal coil. The only people who won't leave are those who are there when Radio 2 ends, because the station will have left them.

The question is... when? Darn it, Evans is younger than me and I would hate him to outlast my ability to listen.

Colin, your assertion that Evans will leave runs contrary to the evidence, particularly the RAJAR numbers and the increase in his programme's length. Are your statements based on your own hopes and opinions or do you have a "feed" from an insider?

Rob



Colin facts are based on his opinions. ( I don't know, but I think people still live for peoples past mistakes, there are many who have done worse )... The only person would take over Radio 2 breakfast would be Chris Moyles from Radio 1 which won't happen. He broadcasts to a different type of auidence. Why move breakfast around if he was about to quit Radio 2. From a tea boy at Piccadilly Radio, GLR & R1 - too Breakfast on Radio 2 is an achievment. He may not look like or sound like a person who would do this job, but he's highly talented. His days doing Big Breakfast and TFI Friday shows etc are over, but there are other formats which he will be able to do, like The One Show at present.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Colin facts are based on his opinions


They are NOT, Mark! You are wrong. When I state an opinion I always preface it with something like "in my view", etc. When it's fact I'll acknowledge it as such.

The statement I made about Evans - namely that I know for sure that he will leave Radio 2 is absolutely and unquestionably true.

Hang around for long enough and you'll see I'm right!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think between Moyles and Evans it was a publicity stunt. Evans has his new book released " Memoris Of A Fruitcake". It's obviously people will write a sacastic comment about the headline. I will do it for you. If anyone does tend to fall asleep during 6.30-9.30am - tune the dial. Laughing

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3182685/Wildman-days-of-radio-legend-Chris-Evans-in-his-own-words.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks, Mark.

Besides, it's the Sun's website you're linking to. Another reason to avoid clicking the link.
Back to top
Dalmatina



Joined: 21 Jun 2010
Posts: 62

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2010/10/17/chris-evans-moment-i-knew-marriage-to-billie-was-over/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fcelebrity.aol.co.uk%2F2010%2F10%2F17%2Fchris-evans-moment-i-knew-marriage-to-billie-was-over%2F

Is someone in need of a little publicity? Is someone feeling a little out of the public eye?

Mark, we all know how much you love Chris Evans. But come on, this is all about an attention-seeker.

'Billie Piper became moribund when we sat in front of the telly for the golf.' 'My wife had an ectopic pregnancy - she nearly died.'

Puhleeze. Has no-one else suffered these events?

Most people would keep such a tragedy to themselves, only the terminally publicity-seeking would want to share that with anyone else.

Tragic. But let's hope it all comes to an end soon.

I wearily await the implosion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com