R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pete Mitchell

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

Former Radio 2 and 6 Music broadcaster Pete Mitchell is returning to radio. He returns to absoulte 90's radio to produce a documentry about Primal Scream.

http://onegoldensquare.com/2010/11/primal-scream-news-absolute-radio-90s-to-air-%e2%80%98screamadelica%e2%80%99-documentary-by-tim-vernon/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlepieces



Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 1098
Location: Lowestoft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was on xfm in manchester doing the breakfast show
_________________
I found out how you can hurt an insect.It's the bees knees
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlepieces



Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 1098
Location: Lowestoft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked on xfm website and he is not there but i tell you who is....Richard Skinner!!!! ex R1 Ledge
_________________
I found out how you can hurt an insect.It's the bees knees
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He left XFM a while ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
undiscovered



Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 650
Location: Peterborough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Former Radio 2 and 6 Music broadcaster Pete Mitchell is returning to radio. He returns to absoulte 90's radio to produce a documentry about Primal Scream.

http://onegoldensquare.com/2010/11/primal-scream-news-absolute-radio-90s-to-air-%e2%80%98screamadelica%e2%80%99-documentary-by-tim-vernon/


Well I don't who he is but am dead interested in the documentary on the Scream.
Screamadelica is still one of my favortie albums. It's the law in my car that when the sun comes out it has to go on.

p.s. sat about 10 seats away from him at the Spiritualized gig where they did Ladies and Gentlemen for ATP Don't look back last year, I went all showbiz
_________________
You will hear gospel and rhythm and blues and jazz, all those are just labels, we know that music is music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aviddiva



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 1135
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

Pete Mitchell co-presented the old Virgin Radio weekday morning show with Geoff Lloyd.
_________________
We are loonies and we are proud!

- Campbell Bain in 'Takin' Over The Asylum'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
undiscovered



Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 650
Location: Peterborough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

aviddiva wrote:
Pete Mitchell co-presented the old Virgin Radio weekday morning show with Geoff Lloyd.


That'll be why I have not heard of him then, is Virgin still going ? I don't listen to commercial radio stations too many errr commercials and living outside the world that is the M25 Xfm doesn't travel to the fens
_________________
You will hear gospel and rhythm and blues and jazz, all those are just labels, we know that music is music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Pete, I like Pete, it's a step up from the speaking clock job, which he excelled at on Radio 2. A nice chap if a little obsessed with the, err, time. One thing's for sure, no one who listens to him will be late for anything- ever! You could boil an egg to Pete Mitchell. Smile
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3425
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

undiscovered wrote:
aviddiva wrote:
Pete Mitchell co-presented the old Virgin Radio weekday morning show with Geoff Lloyd.


That'll be why I have not heard of him then, is Virgin still going ? I don't listen to commercial radio stations too many errr commercials and living outside the world that is the M25 Xfm doesn't travel to the fens

Virgin is now called Absolute, and Absolute 90s is one of it's spinoff stations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lord Evan Elpuss



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3358
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:

Virgin is now called Absolute, and Absolute 90s is one of it's spinoff stations.

Shame that we're stuck with Absolute in this country. It appears that Virgin Radio does still exist in other countries: http://www.virginradio.co.uk/
_________________
Lord Evan Elpuss, Your ideal job is a Lumberjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3425
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

Lord Evan Elpuss wrote:
It appears that Virgin Radio does still exist in other countries: http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

So it does. Completely different company to Absolute though (and, for that, like so many things, you can blame Chris Evans).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
Lord Evan Elpuss wrote:
It appears that Virgin Radio does still exist in other countries: http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

So it does. Completely different company to Absolute though (and, for that, like so many things, you can blame Chris Evans).


The projection was right and he made millions from it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Mitchell Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
The projection was right and he made millions from it.


And he completely screwed the company in the process by forcing it to be sold to another large, bland "media group".

He didn't give a toss about the station or its employees and - as is his style - walked away leaving havoc in his wake.

He's a self-centred prat.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com