R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sally Boazman - Covering Saturday

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Sally Boazman - Covering Saturday Reply with quote

Sally is covering traffic for Bobbi as she's got a bad back.

Last edited by mark occomore on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've twisted my ankle. Will she also come round and do my hoovering and cooking this weekend? Smile
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told she's got a very nice front though Very Happy
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lynn hadn't been off, I wonder if she would have covered?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
If lynn hadn't been off, I wonder if she would have covered?


I think it's fair to say that somebody would have covered! Rolling Eyes
Back to top
MadeinSurrey



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3130
Location: The Beautiful South

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How VERY interesting, inspector... Rolling Eyes
_________________
MiS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't knock it, this is due to be the lead story in the News of The World tomorrow! Laughing
Back to top
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool


She's going to have problems if she changes her job at all.
Back to top
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool


She's going to have problems if she changes her job at all.

Laughing
Ideal if she becomes Traffic Controller
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Traffic Warden!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool


She's going to have problems if she changes her job at all.

Laughing
Ideal if she becomes Traffic Controller


The fat controller. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool


She's going to have problems if she changes her job at all.

Laughing
Ideal if she becomes Traffic Controller


The fat controller. Laughing

But she's not fat, is she?? Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
I always think it is m,arvelous that a person doing the Traffic on Radio 2 is named Sally Traffic. Marvelous!!! Cool


She's going to have problems if she changes her job at all.

Laughing
Ideal if she becomes Traffic Controller


The fat controller. Laughing

But she's not fat, is she?? Surprised


No she's not, she's well appointed and beautiful with it.
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
No she's not, she's well appointed and beautiful with it.


I agree. I can't quite work out Marko's connection, but hey........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3421
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Rachel wrote:
No she's not, she's well appointed and beautiful with it.


I agree. I can't quite work out Marko's connection, but hey........ Rolling Eyes

Maybe he's referring to the fact Sally keeps Steve Wright in his place...? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Robinson wrote:
Maybe he's referring to the fact Sally keeps Steve Wright in his place...? Wink


Ah yes! Cool
Back to top
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Ian Robinson wrote:
Maybe he's referring to the fact Sally keeps Steve Wright in his place...? Wink


Ah yes! Cool

Yes. Sally is the controller & Steve is the fat one

Isn't there a fat controller in that steam engine book?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6878
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Ian Robinson wrote:
Maybe he's referring to the fact Sally keeps Steve Wright in his place...? Wink


Ah yes! Cool

Yes. Sally is the controller & Steve is the fat one

Isn't there a fat controller in that steam engine book?


Yes there is in 'Thomas the Tank Engine'! Laughing
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickSheffield



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Walker always used to lightly poke fun at her weight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't refering to Sally weight. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I wasn't refering to Sally weight. Rolling Eyes


You've lost me now, Marko. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
NickSheffield



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
I wasn't refering to Sally weight. Rolling Eyes


You've lost me now, Marko. Rolling Eyes


Oh, now, I feel bad. Is she narrated by Ringo Starr? Peace and love, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela W wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Ian Robinson wrote:
Maybe he's referring to the fact Sally keeps Steve Wright in his place...? Wink


Ah yes! Cool

Yes. Sally is the controller & Steve is the fat one

Isn't there a fat controller in that steam engine book?


Yes there is in 'Thomas the Tank Engine'! Laughing

Yes, that's the one!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BDG



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 202

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean that Steam Engine? Wink the iconic Thomas the Tank, who is famous world wide particularly with boys aged under 5!!!

He is THE most famous Steam Engine along with the Fat Controller although apparently they are no longer allowed to call him that! for PC reasons Laughing

But ground making news that Sally is going to cover weekends!! Wink personally I think Bobby deserves a break after soldiering on alone all over Christmas and New Year with a bad cold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have to disagree there

Probably the most famous steam engine in the world is The Flying Scotsman LNER 4472 probably followed by the Mallard which in its prime broke the speed record for a steam engine

Thomas probably has the edge with the under 5's but not amongst people who know about these things

I'm sure Santa will give us the benefit of his expert opinion
Sooner or later Very Happy
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickSheffield



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orient Express?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think The Orient Express is the name given to the train heading through Europe rather than the actual engine

Steam engines haven't been used on it for many years and last time I had reason to check they were using diesel engines

I guess it might all be electrified by now Confused
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BDG



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 202

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy is pretty famous too though along with Edward and James Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6878
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Peppercorn class A1 Pacific 'Tornado' is very famous too!
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about Stephensons Rocket the first working steam railway engine in Britain which won the Rainhill Trials in 1815 I believe

A lot more famous than Thomas and his chums Cool
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BDG



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 202

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Riddlescat ....the only problem being that most young people under 30 sadly probably don't even know who Stephenson was Sad they don't teach history like they used to.

I knew someone once who's husband was the Train Driver for the Flying Scotsman...

In fairness to the Thomas books they are probably worldwide better known by a larger number of people who are no longer 5 than the really famous engines like the Rocket & the Flying Scotsman the original collection with illustrations are well worth a read and give a lovely insight into the steam railways of Wales many of which still exist today. Particularly the narrow gauge ones. At least they inspire young children today to take an interest in a bygone era, and their fame extends even to places like Japan as our grandson went through the Thomas phase about 4 years ago.

How did we get from Sally to railways? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to a group of young people (late teens, early 20s) recently and I mentioned those, like my grandfather, who spent time in the trenches on the western front in the first world war.

One of them asked: "The first world war? You mean there were two?".
Back to top
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
I was talking to a group of young people (late teens, early 20s) recently and I mentioned those, like my grandfather, who spent time in the trenches on the western front in the first world war.

One of them asked: "The first world war? You mean there were two?".


Rolling Eyes Frightening, isn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
I'm sure Santa will give us the benefit of his expert opinion
Sooner or later Very Happy


Well of course I'd say the most famous train would be either the New York Central's "20th Century Limited", Pennsylvania's "Broadway Limited", Southern Pacific's "Daylight" or Santa Fe's "El Capitan"
but as for famous engines... well, "Ivor the Engine" wins it hands down Razz
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
quickssandra



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
I was talking to a group of young people (late teens, early 20s) recently and I mentioned those, like my grandfather, who spent time in the trenches on the western front in the first world war.

One of them asked: "The first world war? You mean there were two?".


Rolling Eyes Frightening, isn't it?


Well, I know that history isn't the number one subject for most children these days, but they are taught about both world wars in school....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quickssandra wrote:
Well, I know that history isn't the number one subject for most children these days, but they are taught about both world wars in school....


The problem is - for how long? And much of it sticks?
Back to top
quickssandra



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 158
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
quickssandra wrote:
Well, I know that history isn't the number one subject for most children these days, but they are taught about both world wars in school....


The problem is - for how long? And much of it sticks?


Well, my lot know about it.

There was an internet thingy going around a while ago stating that the wars and holocaust had been taken off the curriculum in Britain. Load of absolute rubbish. Two of my children had a talk from a Holocaust survivor last year.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com