R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHRIS EVANS IS BACK"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Shows and Music on Radio 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: CHRIS EVANS IS BACK" Reply with quote

Listened for the first time in ages. Great selection of music -everything from The Mamas & the Papas to Johnny Cash via Sugarland & the Proclaimers. Very pleasantly entertaining for a rainy Monday morning.
Amusing moment: Chris mentioned that Vanessa Feltz arrived in a micro skirt. He commented that she was worried that press photographers might NOT be waiting outside to photograph her. He then "corrected" himself & said of course she was worried that they might be there Laughing
Anyway, excelent show! Surprised Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I was right to avoid it as usual.
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before the two of them should get on very well

Having said that as they're both so full of themselves perhaps not

If as the theory goes opposites attract then perhaps they won't get on but they'll probably just bore everyone to death in the competition stakes as to who has the most inflated ego

Not a lot to choose between them I would suggest
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John W



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 3360
Location: Warwickshire, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be interesting to hear the clash of egos, yes, though I will rarely get up just to listen to the handover.

Eventually one will decide to ignore the other, interesting to see who that will be, the one who loses the ego battle.
_________________
-
John W
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly as I predicted in a different thread, Chris said, today was January 17th 2010 Shocked ....I'm actually quite touched that I still have so much influence over Radio 2. I know that he said that just to please me. Very Happy Twas a good show this morning, if a little dragging back to Christmas in parts-- forward baby forward.... Mush! Mush!
Back to top
Ian Robinson
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3385
Location: Chorley, Lancashire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd give it a go - the music was great, the show was pacey and would be a good pick-me-up for the day if it wasn't for Evans barking all over it. Just too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
As I've said before the two of them should get on very well

Having said that as they're both so full of themselves perhaps not

If as the theory goes opposites attract then perhaps they won't get on but they'll probably just bore everyone to death in the competition stakes as to who has the most inflated ego

Not a lot to choose between them I would suggest

Chris kept going on about how well Vanessa did on her first day. He said she did m,uch better than he did on his forst day on R2 Brecky. Seemed to be bigging her up more than anything

I thought Chris' show this morning was the ideal Breakfast show....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
I thought Chris' show this morning was the ideal Breakfast show....


I was actually listening to the ideal breakfast show this morning - the one that involved no radio being switched on at all and which gave me........

......... peace and quiet!

Bliss.
Back to top
FleetingEileenM



Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 4804
Location: Hampshire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Seemed to be bigging her up ...”

An unfortunate phrase when applied to VF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 17853
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleetingEileenM wrote:
“Seemed to be bigging her up ...”

An unfortunate phrase when applied to VF.

Laughing Laughing Nice one!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
undiscovered



Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 650
Location: Peterborough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd forgot the radio is still there, since my ipod thingy is always playing in my car, yes it has a limit of a couple of thousand songs but that's better than R2 limit currently and no shouty person
_________________
You will hear gospel and rhythm and blues and jazz, all those are just labels, we know that music is music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undiscovered wrote:
i'd forgot the radio is still there, since my ipod thingy is always playing in my car, yes it has a limit of a couple of thousand songs but that's better than R2 limit currently and no shouty person


Yes, my thought entirely. I was pleased to learn over the weekend that my iPhone now streams internet radio over 3G really well whilst I'm on the move. With Radio Caroline on my iPhone (and into the stereo via a Belkin iTrip) who needs that breakfast idiot on R2?
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin, I hear on the grapevine that Apple are bringing out an interplanetary teleport ap for the iphone soon, they're looking for someone to test it. I said that I know the very chap. Smile There is a downside though- it's just one way at the moment... but just think you could go to a place where there's no Chris Evans at all. There's a planet called 2005-BLG-390Lb which perhaps you may like to visit and I think would be a good name for the ap too. Smile It will be a bit like the hyperspace button in Asteriods. Smile
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
Colin, I hear on the grapevine that Apple are bringing out an interplanetary teleport ap for the iphone soon, they're looking for someone to test it. I said that I know the very chap. Smile There is a downside though- it's just one way at the moment... but just think you could go to a place where there's no Chris Evans at all. There's a planet called 2005-BLG-390Lb which perhaps you may like to visit and I think would be a good name for the ap too. Smile It will be a bit like the hyperspace button in Asteriods. Smile


Sounds pretty darned good to me, Rachel!! Smile I'm always up for a bit of Teleport - especially when it comes with a good lump of TeleStilton.

2005-BLG-390Lb, eh? I'll stick the coordinates into my iPhone and have a rummage around in Google Streetview!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear Chris this morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I did hear Chris this morning.


Masochist!!!!!

Laughing
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Colin, I hear on the grapevine that Apple are bringing out an interplanetary teleport ap for the iphone soon, they're looking for someone to test it. I said that I know the very chap. Smile There is a downside though- it's just one way at the moment... but just think you could go to a place where there's no Chris Evans at all. There's a planet called 2005-BLG-390Lb which perhaps you may like to visit and I think would be a good name for the ap too. Smile It will be a bit like the hyperspace button in Asteriods. Smile


Sounds pretty darned good to me, Rachel!! Smile I'm always up for a bit of Teleport - especially when it comes with a good lump of TeleStilton.

2005-BLG-390Lb, eh? I'll stick the coordinates into my iPhone and have a rummage around in Google Streetview!


This is how it looks on Google Spaceview

Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good enough. I want Google CraterView, otherwise I'm not playing.
Back to top
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I did hear Chris this morning.

And what did you think? I thought he sounded refreshed & good as new.
He did make a boob, though. He read a report that Hugo Chavez, "the President of Colombia" had banned a TV prog which had a DOG named Hugo. The story was correct, but any Colombians may have been alarmed that Chavez was now their president.
Someone did text Chris to correct him & he seemed a bit peeved at being corrected.
But it is a significant mistake
I don't think Colombians would relish being told that the president of their troublesome neighbour to the east, was their president
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John W



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 3360
Location: Warwickshire, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
Someone did text Chris to correct him & he seemed a bit peeved at being corrected.


I've noticed that sort of behaviour from him before Rolling Eyes
_________________
-
John W
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John W wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
Someone did text Chris to correct him & he seemed a bit peeved at being corrected.


I've noticed that sort of behaviour from him before Rolling Eyes


So Have I, John. He does make out people are not actually listening to what he's saying. We all have to be corrected at some stage in our lives. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gibbo



Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 117
Location: Wirral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
And what did you think? I thought he sounded refreshed & good as new.


I thought he was just the same. With the "hello friends" familiarity and the same old features which made the old show a turn off. I couldn't care less if Geoff from Norwich is tiling, or Anne from Leicester is late for work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
John W wrote:
Clive55 wrote:
Someone did text Chris to correct him & he seemed a bit peeved at being corrected.


I've noticed that sort of behaviour from him before Rolling Eyes


So Have I, John. He does make out people are not actually listening to what he's saying. We all have to be corrected at some stage in our lives. Wink

Absolutely right. He should just have said something like oops! sorry or whatever, or just been a bit embarrased
Like I was when I got Algeria & Tunisia mixec up in another thread!! Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still enjoying the show. One of the few on daytime R2 that I can listen to without being irritated!
Apart from inadvertently sparking off a new war between Venezuela & Colombia, Chris is doing very well Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive55 wrote:
Chris is doing very well Cool


Not in our house he isn't!

Wink
Back to top
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst in the Bathroom this morning, I heard a few minutes of Evans.. just as annoying as ever but, even worse.. yapping about Take That!! again!! is this all the BBC can be bothered with lately? it's ridiculous how much attention they get.

As I ventured over to our kitchen next door, even the girls on duty where complaining about it asking if they could switch stations.. and they're in their 20s!


All I can say is thank God for my Internet radio... presently set to "1.FM - Back to the 50s and 60s"... just superb.

( An interesting point about listening to US stations is that many of the tracks played are "slightly" different to the UK versions... Elvis' "Suspicion" was very different in terms of backing vocals and Sax playing last night.. I like it... Razz )
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SantaFefan wrote:
All I can say is thank God for my Internet radio... presently set to "1.FM - Back to the 50s and 60s"... just superb.


Yes, Santa, I do agree. There are lots of apps for smartphones now that enable users to listen to stations via the web (outdoors via 3G or WiFi, and indoors via WiFi) and the choice is phenomenal.

I find it amusing at how people are happy to put up with the high-volume of rubbish broadcast by R2 (and others) when they most probably have direct access to much, much better options. The iPhone and Android app "TuneIn Radio" is amazing - not just in the quality of the stream but the massive choice of stations available.
Back to top
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 17853
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SantaFefan wrote:
Internet radio... presently set to "1.FM - Back to the 50s and 60s"... just superb.

( An interesting point about listening to US stations is that many of the tracks played are "slightly" different to the UK versions... Elvis' "Suspicion" was very different in terms of backing vocals and Sax playing last night.. I like it... Razz )


I listened to K97.8 from Bismarck North Dakota on my internet radio. They gave the weather (I know it's the middle of the night there but) and it was -13, a bit cold you may think but then I realised they meant -13F which to us is approx -23C more than just a bit cold! I think the highs were expected to be -5F.......

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clive55



Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the take that stuff about Take That was because he had Garry Barlow as guest.
I did stay tuned to Ken, but turned off within 20 mins NOT due to his vocal inflections, but because some of the music he was playing was so bad. Ken does slip in some good tracks, but the producer of Chris' shows overall chooses better records than Kens' producer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much they can tweak the show, but Bob Shennan is sticking with his man if people like him or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MadeinSurrey



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3130
Location: The Beautiful South

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a hot line to the Controller then Mark?
_________________
MiS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning, during the "Morning Chris slot", some one called "Rachel" was getting a telling off for giving Chris advice on how to run his show. Just to be clear - it wasn't me. I always give him good advice. Smile
Back to top
Gnasty Gnome



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
Location: West Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
it wasn't me. I always give him good advice. Smile


Which of course he heeds without questioning. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Shows and Music on Radio 2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com