R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donny Osmond Radio Show Comes To The UK

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Donny Osmond Radio Show Comes To The UK Reply with quote

The radio programming syndication company Blue Revolution have partnered with McVay Syndication in the US to bring the legendary Donny Osmond to UK Radio with The Donny Osmond Radio Show.

‘The Donny Osmond Show’ already airs in the USA, Canada and Australia and is rated number one in numerous markets. The UK version of the show – which is produced by and available exclusively through Blue Revolution – takes the best of the US show and mixes it with content created specifically for international markets.

Mike McVay, President of McVay Syndication said: “The Donny Osmond Show has been incredibly successful in North America. The obvious next step was to take it the UK where Donny has an established fan base. And who better than our friends at Blue Revolution to make this happen.”

Blue Revolution’s Content Director Nick Pitts commented “Donny is an iconic performer who has captivated worldwide audiences for many years and here we are with the legend in our own backyard entertaining UK audiences.”

Paul Hollins, CEO of Blue Revolution added “We’re absolutely delighted to be working with McVay Syndication. The Donny Osmond Show is already a proven winner in the markets where it airs and this premium content now offers stations in the UK an opportunity to secure substantial returns in both audience levels and revenue. Sponsors looking for a trustworthy brand need look no further than Donny.”

Osmond said “I'm really looking forward to getting on the air in the UK. So many people fly over to Las Vegas to see my show that this gives me the opportunity to have an even greater presence in a market that I love. I’m excited at being on the radio every week to entertain my massive UK fan base.”

The Breeze is one of the first radio stations to take the show.


Last edited by mark occomore on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why have you posted the above in that ghastly red, Mark. It's horrible. Take it off now!
Back to top
MadeinSurrey



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3130
Location: The Beautiful South

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is a "red alert"? Rolling Eyes
_________________
MiS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Take it off now!

Oh dear, I did part of a post in red last night....am I going to be ordered to take mine off too ?

Seeing as red is one of the colour options I thought we were all free to use whatever colour we wanted to use ...silly me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
am I going to be ordered to take mine off too?


Gosh is that the sort of thing that goes on in this thread? I may have to check it out more often! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kengeo wrote:
becky sharp wrote:
am I going to be ordered to take mine off too?


Gosh is that the sort of thing that goes on in this thread? I may have to check it out more often! Wink

Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Donny Osmond used to have that effect on female fans years ago but he's getting a bit long in the tooth for that now Shocked
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Take it off now!

Oh dear, I did part of a post in red last night....am I going to be ordered to take mine off too ?


I don't think you posted a whole post in red in its entirety though, did you?
Back to top
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Take it off now!

Oh dear, I did part of a post in red last night....am I going to be ordered to take mine off too ?


I don't think you posted a whole post in red in its entirety though, did you?

No I didn't but the opening poster didn't either..(does that make a difference?)

Can we not post in whatever colour we like on this forum, from the available options?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening poster did all but the last line. So, I assume that whatever typographical choices we make it will always be readable to everyone all of the time. General readability isn't really a concern, then?
Back to top
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
The opening poster did all but the last line. So, I assume that whatever typographical choices we make it will always be readable to everyone all of the time. General readability isn't really a concern, then?
That isn't the point.... the point is we have colour options and it's up to each of us which we use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
The opening poster did all but the last line. So, I assume that whatever typographical choices we make it will always be readable to everyone all of the time. General readability isn't really a concern, then?
That isn't the point.... the point is we have colour options and it's up to each of us which we use.


Well, obviously. I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all. Otherwise what's the point of submitting text if it's likely to cause problems for some people? It's the same as people who post in CAPITAL LETTERS. Not nice.
Back to top
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
The opening poster did all but the last line. So, I assume that whatever typographical choices we make it will always be readable to everyone all of the time. General readability isn't really a concern, then?
That isn't the point.... the point is we have colour options and it's up to each of us which we use.


Well, obviously. I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all. Otherwise what's the point of submitting text if it's likely to cause problems for some people? It's the same as people who post in CAPITAL LETTERS. Not nice.


That's all I was saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colinb wrote:
I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all.


...and that was what I was saying. I think it's a fair enough consideration.
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Why have you posted the above in that ghastly red, Mark. It's horrible. Take it off now!


For god sake man, Why you being so rude? No I won't take it off. Why does every post have to end up being either a clash of personality, or you should be right and know one else is? Get on talking about the threads. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
colinb wrote:
I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all.


...and that was what I was saying. I think it's a fair enough consideration.
Not in the first instance you weren't ....you were ordering something to be taken off the forum and that was what I was answering...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
colinb wrote:
I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all.


...and that was what I was saying. I think it's a fair enough consideration.
Not in the first instance you weren't ....you were ordering something to be taken off the forum and that was what I was answering...


Well, what I said was that it was horrible. By also saying "take it off now!" I was using a figure of speech that suggested that it really would be wise to leave it "as is".

I still maintain that it's eminently unreadable and in a form that's un-necessary - but perhaps Mark only wanted people with perfect vision to be able to read it. I'm glad he doesn't build websites or typeset publications (as far as I know, anyhow)!
Back to top
becky sharp



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
becky sharp wrote:
ColinB wrote:
colinb wrote:
I think it would be nice for people to consider readability when posting large tracts of text, that's all.


...and that was what I was saying. I think it's a fair enough consideration.
Not in the first instance you weren't ....you were ordering something to be taken off the forum and that was what I was answering...


Well, what I said was that it was horrible. By also saying "take it off now!" I was using a figure of speech that suggested that it really would be wise to leave it "as is".

I still maintain that it's eminently unreadable and in a form that's un-necessary - but perhaps Mark only wanted people with perfect vision to be able to read it. I'm glad he doesn't build websites or typeset publications (as far as I know, anyhow)!

If you had said that in the first place instead of ordering it to be taken off we wouldn't be having this conversation.
As I have said and reiterated my answer was to what was said in your first post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6886
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone with very poor eyesight I find it impossible to read what Colin has posted and Mark's post is not that much easier. Sad
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Colin has backed down with his comments Wink. I hope this will happen with Chris Evans Laughing. At the end of the day - Angela has said " She's got poor eye sight, and for that I have changed it.

Now Steve Wright did mention he was wearing tinted glasses on his show, because of the computer screens. I think he was just trying to sound cool. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
preraphaeliteangel



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 249
Location: Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the thousands of girls at Heathrow Airport screaming for Donny Osmond and the rest of the Osmonds back in the early seventies. We then spent the day standing outside their hotel in the freezing cold until Donny appeared and waved from the balcony. Embarassed In mitigation, I was only about 12 at the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angela W



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 6886
Location: North Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I'm glad Colin has backed down with his comments Wink. I hope this will happen with Chris Evans Laughing. At the end of the day - Angela has said " She's got poor eye sight, and for that I have changed it.



Thank you Mark. Smile
_________________
Pirate Johnnie Walker played my request on 11 April 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
I believe Donny Osmond used to have that effect on female fans years ago but he's getting a bit long in the tooth for that now Shocked


You might have a few ladies gunning for you with that remark, and a few blokes too - he is only 53



The girls who screamed at him in the 70s still think he's a bit of a dish, at least the one I know (my wife's friend, the one who sends me the jokes sometimes) does.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people just never grow up do they Ron?

I must admit I didn't realise he was only 53

I'm thinking there might be hope for me yet Very Happy
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I'm glad Colin has backed down with his comments Wink.


I haven't backed down at all. My underlying criticism is that your block of red text was unreadable and that hasn't changed. Obviously you've been convinced of the same because you've changed it. That indicates that you accept that it wasn't readable either. Seems obvious to me...

mark occomore wrote:
I hope this will happen with Chris Evans Laughing


Not really. For long as he acts like a complete knob I'll consider him to be a complete knob! Smile
Back to top
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes FGS the pair of you.

Anyone reading this thread may well come to the conclusion that Evans has serious competition in the knob stakes.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockitRon wrote:
Rolling Eyes FGS the pair of you.

Anyone reading this thread may well come to the conclusion that Evans has serious competition in the knob stakes.


Anybody would have to work bloody hard to be on a par with him!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
I'm glad Colin has backed down with his comments Wink.


I haven't backed down at all. My underlying criticism is that your block of red text was unreadable and that hasn't changed. Obviously you've been convinced of the same because you've changed it. That indicates that you accept that it wasn't readable either. Seems obvious to me...

mark occomore wrote:
I hope this will happen with Chris Evans Laughing


Not really. For long as he acts like a complete knob I'll consider him to be a complete knob! Smile


Colin, I didn't back down because what you had said. Someone said they had poor eyesight. Hopefully you have changed your colour?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Colin, I didn't back down because what you had said. Someone said they had poor eyesight. Hopefully you have changed your colour?


Mine was the colour it was in order to make a simple point.
Back to top
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone listening to Smooth, if so I'll challenge you to guess the year......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

1988
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kengeo I'm listening but got a bit distracted because of certain things on the forum today

I thimk the second year could be 1968
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn one year out as a certain person would say

And I was debating between 68 and 69

I'll try again tomorrow when I'm concentrating better
_________________
Are you ready for a Ruddles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruddlescat wrote:
Damn one year out as a certain person would say

And I was debating between 68 and 69

I'll try again tomorrow when I'm concentrating better


I went 86 & 70, Debbie Harry caught me out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> What other radio do you listen to? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com