R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Radio 2 hiding presenters

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Shows and Music on Radio 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Is Radio 2 hiding presenters Reply with quote

Just a thought is Bob Shennan and his team hiding top presenters away. Bob Harris, Janice Long, Alex Lester and Richard Allinson ( Who eventually comes out and covers for Steve Wright ), then pushed back to cover Early Breakfast. I do think Radio 2 have got certain things extremly wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SantaFefan



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 11258
Location: top of the cliffs in Norfolk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. for me the first strike was Dermott O'Dreary.. second was Chris Evans..
Zoe Ball for Ken Bruce?? Third strike and I'm out!
_________________
Johnnie Walker read out my message on Pirate Radio! Very Happy 13/8/07
I have heard how radio should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
igs007



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why stop there? Johnnie Walker, Brian Matthews, Mark Lamarr, Desmond Carrington, Paul Jones, Gambo, David Jacobs, Russell Davies - all been on 2 for a few years, but hardly ever get plugged now. Shouldn't the supposed new listeners to the daytime shows be told about these excellent broadcasters a bit more instead of the half hourly Evans plug?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
essexlady



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 348
Location: Essex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add Radcliffe and Maconie to that list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aviddiva



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 1135
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Is Radio 2 hiding presenters Reply with quote

He didn't exactly make a big deal about Shaun Keaveney sitting in for Dermot O'Leary before.

Why was Mark Radcliffe pushed off sitting in for Steve Wright and Dale Winton put in?
_________________
We are loonies and we are proud!

- Campbell Bain in 'Takin' Over The Asylum'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Is Radio 2 hiding presenters Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Just a thought is Bob Shennan and his team hiding top presenters away. Bob Harris, Janice Long, Alex Lester and Richard Allinson ( Who eventually comes out and covers for Steve Wright ), then pushed back to cover Early Breakfast. I do think Radio 2 have got certain things extremly wrong.


Maybe Radio 2 are going global in a world domination kind of way so all the best presenters are on when its daytime at the other side of the world- soften them up with all the good stuff first. Smile
Back to top
Barty



Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Is Radio 2 hiding presenters Reply with quote

aviddiva wrote:
He didn't exactly make a big deal about Shaun Keaveney sitting in for Dermot O'Leary before.

Why was Mark Radcliffe pushed off sitting in for Steve Wright and Dale Winton put in?


Because Mark was far better than Wright and Winton combined a few thousand times. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly better than Winton, and made a good contrast to Wrighty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Graham Norton was pushed away from covering Steve Wright and Breakfast. Luckly that was only for people get used to him on Radio 2 before taking over Saturday mornings. Hope so.

Radio 2 rather have a celebrity covering shows, but sometimes, some of them just don't fit into the show and then it makes it boring. This is why someone like Alex, Janice and Richard should be used to cover shows, and get someone else to cover there shows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
At least Graham Norton was pushed away from covering Steve Wright and Breakfast. Luckly that was only for people get used to him on Radio 2 before taking over Saturday mornings. Hope so.


I thought Norton was much better than the incumbent presenter when doing the Breakfast show. He must have been - I didn't switch off the moment the show came on air!
Back to top
MadeinSurrey



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 3130
Location: The Beautiful South

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
mark occomore wrote:
At least Graham Norton was pushed away from covering Steve Wright and Breakfast. Luckly that was only for people get used to him on Radio 2 before taking over Saturday mornings. Hope so.


I thought Norton was much better than the incumbent presenter when doing the Breakfast show. He must have been - I didn't switch off the moment the show came on air!


Colin, that really is damning with faint praise! Next door's cat would have been much better than Evans.
_________________
MiS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadeinSurrey wrote:

Colin, that really is damning with faint praise! Next door's cat would have been much better than Evans.


You haven't heard next door's cat!!!!

(Actually, now you come to mention it..........) Cool
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Shows and Music on Radio 2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com