R2OK! Forum Index R2OK!
Contact R2OK! admin

Click here for R2OK! Website


 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richard Madeley Covering Chris Evans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blondehedgehog



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 286
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Why not Helen? He connects so well with the listeners.



He is NOT connecting with me......Even though he played 'Valerie' first tune today (my real name)......he hasn't got the right voice. Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
I like hedgehog crisps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18264
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he doesn't with me and how would you know about the rest of the nation Mark?

He hasn't a clue about music for one thing.

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I reckon Richard Madeley could have been the new Wogan, if for one the station wasn't moving towards the theme it's trying to portrayal. Another if Richard wanted the show.


If I understood the above I might either agree or disagree, Mark.

mark occomore wrote:
Why not Helen? He connects so well with the listeners.


Who says? He certainly doesn't "connect" (whatever that means) with me or anybody in my household. He's a waffling, wittering twit.
Back to top
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18264
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard him say this morning that he would be back in a few weeks time covering.......

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I have allowed Radio 2 to wake me up for the last two weeks, as I did Graham Norton when he covered, this does not mean I endorse either of them, its a sort of rock and a hard place thing.

Next week its back to 5live.

Fed up with Madeley's constant references to Judy (as if we care), and Norton's gay icon female guests he seemed to favour.

The R2 bosses really have gone to town to change the demographic of the breakfast show, probably to appeal to the Jeremy Kyle generation (surely it can only be a matter of time before he makes his debut as a stand in). It's also become so obvious that they have snubbed Richard Allinson since the excellent job he did earlier in the year, maybe it was CE who demanded he should no longer cover.

Ten months on I'm still so bloody angry that the BBC cannot offer me a decent breakfast show, and that anger just increases every time I hear or see CE on the BBC !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kengeo wrote:
Ten months on I'm still so bloody angry that the BBC cannot offer me a decent breakfast show, and that anger just increases every time I hear or see CE on the BBC !


Somebody who works not a million miles from Portland Place told me that whilst all presenters and production teams get abusive emails in which presenters are offered suggestions as to what they should do with themselves, the "Chris Evans Breakfast Show" appears to get more than most. There's a surprise.

The last time I sent a txt msg to 88291 I wrote: "Dear Chris. Shut up. Please." which I thought was rather good. Well it made me chuckle with a sort of smug self-satisfied look on my boat anyhow.

Smile
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:


The last time I sent a txt msg to 88291 I wrote: "Dear Chris. Shut up. Please." which I thought was rather good. Well it made me chuckle with a sort of smug self-satisfied look on my boat anyhow.

Smile


Oh I think that's bad-form, Colin. It's not the presenter's fault that they are on air. If you have a complaint, you ought to make it properly through the complaints system, otherwise it will be ( and quite righty so) ignored.
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
ColinB wrote:


The last time I sent a txt msg to 88291 I wrote: "Dear Chris. Shut up. Please." which I thought was rather good. Well it made me chuckle with a sort of smug self-satisfied look on my boat anyhow.

Smile


Oh I think that's bad-form, Colin. It's not the presenter's fault that they are on air. If you have a complaint, you ought to make it properly through the complaints system, otherwise it will be ( and quite righty so) ignored.


You're such a spoil-sport, Rachel!!! Laughing
Back to top
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh I think that's bad-form, Colin. It's not the presenter's fault that they are on air. If you have a complaint, you ought to make it properly through the complaints system, otherwise it will be ( and quite righty so) ignored.


Absolutely, but a pointless exercise. But like the poster says it gave him great satisfaction, I think I may do the same on Monday, at least I'll go to work happy for once!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kengeo wrote:
Absolutely, but a pointless exercise. But like the poster says it gave him great satisfaction, I think I may do the same on Monday, at least I'll go to work happy for once!


Yeah see Rachel! Cool

I might send another one on Monday which reads: "Dear Chris, you're boring" and leave it at that!

Such fun to be had with this SMS thingey! Smile
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:

You're such a spoil-sport, Rachel!!! Laughing


I'm quite shocked that people send in unpleasant text messages. No, really I am. Wonder what they do with them? Do they have a good bin and a bad bin?

It's a good thing I'm not a presenter, the first unpleasant text message to land on my desk, that would be it: right I'm off, I don't need the money, you can listen to this womb music for the next two hours!
Back to top
kengeo



Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 278
Location: Gloucestershire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Dear Chris, you're boring"


I was thinking of sending something a bit more Spike Milligan........ Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RockitRon



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 7565

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
kengeo wrote:
Absolutely, but a pointless exercise. But like the poster says it gave him great satisfaction, I think I may do the same on Monday, at least I'll go to work happy for once!


Yeah see Rachel! Cool

I might send another one on Monday which reads: "Dear Chris, you're boring" and leave it at that!

Such fun to be had with this SMS thingey! Smile


Can't be boring - he's provoked a response from you.

Personally I wouldn't waste my money. Even if they're free.
_________________
Ron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
ColinB wrote:

You're such a spoil-sport, Rachel!!! Laughing


I'm quite shocked that people send in unpleasant text messages. No, really I am.


Can't think why one shouldn't. After all, the presenters ask us to "send in your thoughts on the show" etc etc. So when we then send in a message which says "I think the show is crap" why should anybody be offended?

Rachel wrote:
Wonder what they do with them? Do they have a good bin and a bad bin?


They have a special bin with my name on it called "This one's a trouble-maker" out the back near the skips.

Rachel wrote:
It's a good thing I'm not a presenter, the first unpleasant text message to land on my desk, that would be it: right I'm off, I don't need the money, you can listen to this womb music for the next two hours!


It's a pity that Evans doesn't have such high principles!!! Smile
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this explains why so many of my text messages and e-mails get read out.

"Oh we've had another from that nice lady- you know, the vicar's wife."

"Quick get it over here, I have nothing broadcastable to read out."
Back to top
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent one to RA when he was depping for mouth-almighty which simply read: "Great show Richard. It's nice not to have to switch off at 7.03am".

Richard only read the first part - but sniggered as he read out my name. That jolly-well made my day, it did!
Back to top
NickSheffield



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've warmed to RM this week - I'm looking forward to what Chris does with his extra half hour (you never know) but I'm happy to have RM back. If he asks a real journalist for the newspaper review, all the better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gazmando



Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 560
Location: Huntingdon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent one to Ken Bruce saying, "Ken, you and your producer are paid a lot of money, so do you think you could put a bit of effort into the choice of music. It's just laziness to keep playing the same songs over and over again.
Maybe the reason you didn't get an invite to the Matt Monro tribute show is because you NEVER play any of his records!!!"
It wasn't read out I may add.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazmando wrote:
I sent one to Ken Bruce saying, "Ken, you and your producer are paid a lot of money, so do you think you could put a bit of effort into the choice of music. It's just laziness to keep playing the same songs over and over again.
Maybe the reason you didn't get an invite to the Matt Monro tribute show is because you NEVER play any of his records!!!"
It wasn't read out I may add.


I'm not surprised. That's a disgraceful thing to write! I think it's wholly wrong to send unpleasant emails and texts to presenters.
Back to top
Rachel
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:

I'm not surprised. That's a disgraceful thing to write! I think it's wholly wrong to send unpleasant emails and texts to presenters.


Laughing Oh, Colin, you're such a darling. Smile
Back to top
Blondehedgehog



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 286
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM anounced this morning that 'he would be back in November' Twisted Evil

I have not noticed much advertising of CE's early start.....or have they finaly realised that people do not want him in the morning slot
_________________
I like hedgehog crisps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Helen May



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 18264
Location: Cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised there have been no CE trails all this week. Bliss!

H
_________________
88 - 91 FM this is Radio 2 from the BBC!

I said it live on air in the studio with Jeremy Vine on 10/3/2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen May wrote:
Just realised there have been no CE trails all this week. Bliss!


I'll put money on it that this coming weekend will be littered with on-air trails!

Another reason to avoid the station when SOTS or JW aren't on!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have really warmed to Richard Madeley over these 2 weeks on Radio 2. Yes maybe he's pushed into the wrong show, like maybe Chris Tarrant was when he covered for Steve Wright, but at least they come across as a good broadcasters and attract the listeners ears. I think RM deserves a show on Radio 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
I have really warmed to Richard Madeley over these 2 weeks on Radio 2. Yes maybe he's pushed into the wrong show, like maybe Chris Tarrant was when he covered for Steve Wright, but at least they come across as a good broadcasters and attract the listeners ears. I think RM deserves a show on Radio 2.


You're on your own, Mark. It got to the point with me where I had to switch off almost as quickly as that idiot Evans! Terrible, cringeworthy radio..........
Back to top
NickSheffield



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blondehedgehog wrote:
RM anounced this morning that 'he would be back in November' Twisted Evil


He was a bit ambiguous about which slot he's doing in November - surely Chris won't have another holiday before Christmas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gnasty Gnome



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
Location: West Wales

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickSheffield wrote:
surely Chris won't have another holiday before Christmas?


It would give us something to look forward to! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nod



Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 3555

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickSheffield wrote:
Blondehedgehog wrote:
RM anounced this morning that 'he would be back in November' Twisted Evil


He was a bit ambiguous about which slot he's doing in November - surely Chris won't have another holiday before Christmas?


Didn't someone say that Aled Jones is covering the old SK slot until the end of Oct ? Maybe he'll do that ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Evan Elpuss



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3358
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinB wrote:
Helen May wrote:
Just realised there have been no CE trails all this week. Bliss!


I'll put money on it that this coming weekend will be littered with on-air trails!

They've started. I had to momentarily switch off Richard Allinson this morning because of one! Rolling Eyes
_________________
Lord Evan Elpuss, Your ideal job is a Lumberjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John W



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 3360
Location: Warwickshire, UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always say, if a presenter is SOOOO popular he doesn't need trails.

Heard any for Mark Lamarr or David Jacobs recently?
_________________
-
John W
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickSheffield wrote:
Blondehedgehog wrote:
RM anounced this morning that 'he would be back in November' Twisted Evil


He was a bit ambiguous about which slot he's doing in November - surely Chris won't have another holiday before Christmas?


He could be something else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
NickSheffield wrote:
Blondehedgehog wrote:
RM anounced this morning that 'he would be back in November' Twisted Evil


He was a bit ambiguous about which slot he's doing in November - surely Chris won't have another holiday before Christmas?


He could be something else.


You're right, Mark. He could indeed be something else! What could he be, I wonder?

I know what he could be: less annoying, perhaps?

Cool
Back to top
nod



Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 3555

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:


He could be something else.


Pardon ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nod wrote:
mark occomore wrote:


He could be something else.


Pardon ? Rolling Eyes


He could be entertaining, perhaps?

That would be a first! Cool
Back to top
ruddlescat



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 18010
Location: Near Chester

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that was a well known record by the Sex Pistols
Great track in my view but I'm a little confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Evan Elpuss



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3358
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Evan Elpuss wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Helen May wrote:
Just realised there have been no CE trails all this week. Bliss!


I'll put money on it that this coming weekend will be littered with on-air trails!

They've started. I had to momentarily switch off Richard Allinson this morning because of one! Rolling Eyes

Talk about over-kill Two Evans trailers in tonight's Radcliffe & Maconie show! Rolling Eyes
_________________
Lord Evan Elpuss, Your ideal job is a Lumberjack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Evan Elpuss wrote:
Talk about over-kill Two Evans trailers in tonight's Radcliffe & Maconie show! Rolling Eyes


I bet they were happy at that!!!
Back to top
mark occomore



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 9955
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard is back week 8th November for Chris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColinB
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtless at Evans' choosing, yet again.

Can't they get anybody decent?
Back to top
Blondehedgehog



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 286
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark occomore wrote:
Richard is back week 8th November for Chris.



How much time off does he need?
_________________
I like hedgehog crisps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    R2OK! Forum Index -> Radio 2 - what's happening? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com